Friday, June 30, 2006

Man not so Super

Saw Superman the return yesterday. I enjoyed the movie well enough but it wasn’t that good. I’m not going to talk details cos that’s not fair on those who want to see it. There were too many little things in it that were somewhat irritating. Inconsistencies, predictability and even a degree of stalking. There was quite a bit of imagery a bit like watching an exaggerated medium like a play.

The ones who claimed Superman was gay were probably trying to market. There was too much Christ iconism in the movie and nothing gay at all.

2 comments:

dreamkatcha said...

Hmmf, that's disappointing to hear. Bryan Singer is behind it and he's got a good reputation with comic book fans so I've been expecting something spectacular - in the UK it's not out until 14th July.

I loved Supes as a kid (I had the curtains and duvet cover to prove it!) and over the last 6 months or so I've been catching up with the Smallville TV show, which I somehow managed to miss when it was first shown. With the new film due out soon I wouldn't be surprised if all the Christopher Reeve films are shown again on TV so that's something to look forward to.

I wonder if Brandon Routh will be the next in line to fall under the 'curse of Superman'. A bookie somewhere will be working out the odds as we speak.

BostonMaggie said...

If my sister and brother hadn't insisted on seeing this opening night, I would have waited. However, on an IMAX screen it was incredible enough that you could overlook the problems.